"Errors were encountered while creating the project.
One or more constraints have not been satisfied"
This happens when I try to create a combined Java / Flex project using WTP (Web Tools Platform) in Eclipse 3.6 (Helios). Searching the Internet, this problem doesn't seem very widespread. Indeed a lot of people recommended to simply separate the Java side of the Flex Remote application and the Flex side of the Flex Remote application into 2 separate projects.
I have considered this, but I would still like to have both parts in the same Eclipse project. So how do I do this?
The idea is to not use the WTP wizard to create the combined Java / Flex project, but to do it manually myself. Below is a screen cast that will make it clear.
Here is a summary of what I did in the screen cast:
- create a Dynamic Web Project
- deploy to Glassfish
- copy BlazeDS jar files to WEB-INF/libs folder
- create WEB-INF/flex folder
- copy BlazeDS config files to WEB-INF/flex folder
- edit web.xml to deploy the BlazeDS MessageBroker servlet
- add Flex Project nature to the project, setting "bin-debug" as the output folder
- edit .settings
In the screen cast, I paste some standard BlazeDS configuration. Here's what I pasted: