How I solved it was to re-flash my firmware. It doesn't seem to have any adverse effect besides wasting my time. Here's how I did it in my Dune HD.
- Go to "Setup -> Miscellaneous -> Firmware Upgrade"
- Select "Check Available Updates"
- It tells me "no new firmware version available" (If there is a new firmware, I'd suggest upgrading. If so, you can ignore the below steps.)
- Select "Show all versions".
- Select the current version (it stated there "current")
- Select "Upgrade"
Player: Dune HD Smart B1
Player purchased in: 2012
Player firmware: 121018_0846
NAS: Synology DS212